Below is a Public Service Announcement for residents of Anne Arundel County, MD, and the surrounding area. It makes a lot of sense to heed their warning, especially since there have been periodic utility outages.
The wind chill forecast for Maryland this afternoon through Tuesday evening (January 7) is extremely dangerous. The Department of Health encourages residents to exercise caution during extremely cold temperatures. Frostbite can set in within minutes. Children, the elderly and people with poor circulation are at particular risk for hypothermia or frostbite. If you must go outside, remember to layer your clothing and wear a warm hat, gloves, scarf and wear waterproof boots or shoes. Remember to bring in pets and check on elderly and neighbors.
For tonight, Monday, January 6th, warming centers will be open at all Police District Community Rooms starting at 6 p.m.These rooms will be open for 24 hours ending Wednesday at noon when temperatures are expected to return to seasonally normal.
· Northern District, 939 Hammonds Lane, Baltimore, MD. 21225
· Eastern District, 3700 Mountain Rd. Pasadena, MD. 21122
· Western District 8273 Telegraph Rd. Odenton, MD 21133
· Southern District, 35 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater, MD. 21027
For tomorrow, Tuesday, January 7th, in addition to the Police District Stations, the Department of Aging will open their Senior Centers as warming centers starting at 8 a.m. The Department of Aging will also provide necessary transportation to the warming centers. County Libraries will also be open and can be used as warming centers starting tomorrow.
· (5 large branches) The Annapolis Area Library, Crofton Branch, North County Area Library, Severna Park Branch and West County Area Library are open for the following hours: Monday-Thursday 9-9, Friday, Saturday 9-5
· (10 community branches) The Broadneck Branch, Brooklyn Park Branch, Eastport-Annapolis Neck Branch, Edgewater Branch, Linthicum Branch, Maryland City at Russett Branch, Mountain Road Branch, Provinces Branch, Riviera Beach Branch, South County Branch are open for the following hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 1-9, Wednesday, Saturday 9-5, Friday 1-5
All warming centers are accessible and have water and restroom facilities. The warming centers are intended to provide temporary relief from the extreme cold. No pets will be accepted at any of the Warming Centers. Arrangements can be made to transport their pets to Animal Control on a case by case basis if needed and resources are available.
There are approximately 100 beds for the homeless available for tonight. 75 in North County and 25 in South County. Those beds are located at:
· Arundel Christian Church - 710 Aquahart Rd. Glen Burnie
· John Wesley United Methodist Church - 6922 Ritchie Hwy. Glen Burnie
· Bay Ridge Christian Church - 1071 Bay Ridge Rd. Annapolis
· Lighthouse Shelter - 10 Hudson St. Annapolis
Richard Iarossi is a full time licensed REALTOR®, working in Crofton, MD. My coverage areas are: Anne Arundel, Prince George’s, Howard, Calvert, Queen Anne, and Baltimore City and County. I specialize in residential real estate, working with both buyers and sellers. Use the registration free search on my website at www.RichSellsHomes.com. If you’re not already working with a REALTOR®...I can help. Call me at 443-995-9595 (Cell) or 410-451-6255 (Office).
SKYPE ME: RichSellsHomes